If you are a frequent visitor to health and natural cosmetics stores, you might have noticed colourful bottles with labels fully covered with tiny white writings. Well, these are the famous Dr. Bronner’s Magic Castile Liquid Soaps. They come in 9 different fragrances and various bottle sizes. Dr. Bronner’s is one of the most well-known brands producing pure castile oil. Castile soap is a term applied to all olive oil based soaps that originated from the Castile Region of Spain.
Dr. Bronner’s brand was established by Emmanuel Bronner in the late 1940s in California. Emmanuel Bronner, who escaped to the US from the Nazi regime in Germany in the 1930s, had been a certified third generation soap maker and implemented a traditional soap making process in the creation of Dr. Bronner’s Soaps. You can still find many writings on Dr. Bronner’s bottles that reflect Emmanuel Bronner’s life philosophy and views.
The main attraction for many customers to Dr. Bronner’s Castile soap is not only the philosophic writings on the bottles, but the brands dedication to pure traditional soap making using high quality certified organic ingredients. You can pretty much do any kind of washing with this soap. There are claimed to be 18 possible uses, but you can get more creative with it. Here is the list of uses that we at CosNatural find to be most handy:
1) Body Wash
2) Face Wash
3) Hand Wash
4) Bath Soap
6) Shaving Gel
7) Foot Soak
For all of the above, you can use any scent you like. For the floral touch - go for Rose or Lavender, for a refreshed feel - choose peppermint or citrus scents. If you have sensitive skin, Dr. Bronner’s Unscented Baby-Mild Liquid Soap might be just the right thing for you.
8) Baby Wash – Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Soaps contain very pure formulations with the minimum number of ingredients, but we would recommend the Unscented Baby-Mild soap for your little ones.
9) Face Steaming – pour some boiling water into a heatproof bowl and add a little bit of soap. Hold your face above the bowl for 5-10 min, covering your head with a towel.
10) Unblocking congested nasal passages. Follow the same method as above, but use peppermint or eucalyptus scented soap.
11) Dog Wash – Dr. Bronner’s soap can even work for your pets, providing your four-legged friends enjoy being washed!
12) Make-up brush cleaner
13) Laundry Detergent – use rose, lavender or citrus
14) Hand Dish Washing Liquid
15) All-purpose Cleaner – use a few drops of soap per litre of water for light cleaning and a more concentrated mixture for stubborn dirt and stains.
16) Window Glass Cleaner
For the last three, peppermint, citrus and eucalyptus are especially good scents.
Mouth Hygiene – that’s if you feel very brave, we at CosNatural are not very convinced that it works!
17) Tooth Paste –peppermint is the best.
18) Mouth Wash – you can add a drop of Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Liquid Soap to a glass of water and rinse mouth with this solution.
There are really lots of ways to make Dr. Bronner’s Castile Liquid Soap work for you, your family and your home. Just choose your favourite scents and start experimenting!